The best exercises to lose weight quickly are not secrets reserved for a mere few. They're quite common, yet they're overlooked by many who seek an easy fix or quick results. What most people don't realize is that the answer isn't as elusive and mysterious as it may seem - It's more about what you do after your workout than before!
The best way to lose weight quickly is with some heart-pounding exercises. Walking up stairs or walking in general are great for burning fat and getting a good workout, but the trick is committing more time to these activities! If you walk at least two miles every day then by increasing this activity from 2 days per week (60 minutes) to 5 full days of exercise each week (240 minutes), your fitness level will improve leaps and bounds.
Working out is not just a one-time event. Unless you work your system regularly, chances are that it will go back to its old shape and size soon after the first workout! That's where consistency comes in - even if you have busy days with few hours of free time, make sure to do something every day so as not to lose track of what got results for you before. To really see changes on the scale fast (within 2 weeks), focus mainly on muscle building exercises like weight lifting or sprinting; this will burn more calories than cardio alone which can also help drop pounds quickly too but isn't nearly as effective since most people don’t stick with it long enough because they get tired easily
Whichever exercise you choose, make sure you put all your energy into it. You want to keep your heart rate up and your blood pumping throughout the exercise period, with a proper cool down afterwards.
If you're brisk walking, for example, walk slowly for the final few minutes to give your body a chance to cool down. Stopping suddenly can cause muscle cramps and really isn't good for your heart. Give it time to fall back to normal while you're moderately active.
Make sure you drink lots of water while exercising to replenish your reserves and to help prevent cramping.
When you're ready, here are the 10 best exercises to lose weight quickly. Start gradually and let your body adjust to the workouts.
1. Squats: This exercise is great for building leg and buttock muscles. Stand with your feet at shoulder width apart and squat down and then up 10-20 times through two or three sets.
2. Jumping Jacks: You probably remember these from your school days. They provide one of the best whole body aerobic workouts. Do four or five set of 20 jumping jacks for best results.
3. Stepping: If you've made numerous trips upstairs while moving or cleaning, you'll know how much energy this exercise takes. The benefits are multi-fold: burns calories, boosts heart rate, great aerobics workout, builds leg and buttock muscles. You can use your stairs for this. Step up and down 20 times, rest and repeat two or three times.
4. Walking: Fast walking is better than slow walking, but both are beneficial. If you want an exercise to lose weight quickly, walk briskly for half an hour and you can burn up to 180 calories.
5. Bicycling: The outdoors can be more enjoyable, but stationary indoor cycles can provide an equally good exercise to lose weight quickly. In fact, if you apply the right amount of resistance at the right speed, you can lose between 250 and 500 calories in half an hour.
6. Swimming: This is a great, fun exercise for many people. It provides an excellent cardio workout that uses your entire body. Doing the breast stroke for half an hour can burn 400 calories.
7. Cross Country Skiing: Another fun activity with the same benefits as swimming.
8. Jump Rope: This isn't just a kids' game. Adults can get a terrific, unparalleled total body workout by jumping rope for as little as 15 to 20 minutes.
That gives you eight of the top workouts you can try. They are just some of the best exercises to lose weight quickly.